Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Days and Days since I've written

I was trying to be good and write here every day.  Guess I broke that streak, huh?  I have an excuse though.  Wednesday night I was really sick and still didn't feel quite right on Thursday.  Last night I had a wonderful time spending quality time with the hubby.  So I do have a valid excuse.  However, I do miss writing here.  It feels good to be able to say what I have on my mind and know that at least my blog is listening.  :)

Today, Zoe and I went to my friend Jamie's baby shower.  She's pregnant with her second child, a girl.  As Abbie has grown out of things-her bassinet, travel swing, clothing, etc-I have passed it on to Jamie.  Today I dropped off another load of things.  It makes me feel good to know that she will get lots of use out of the things that I've given her.  Abbie no longer needs them but Penelope does.  Anyway, Zoe and I had a lot of fun today.  It's rare that I get to spend time with my oldest child anymore.  It's usual the three of us all the time and with Abbie as the baby, she by default, requires the most attention.  I feel like we shortchange Zoe sometimes because she isn't a very needy child and is very independent.  But today, it was mommy and Zoe time.  All was well and we had a great time, just the two of us.  She wore her Cinderella dress over her regular clothes to the party and brought her princess shoes, wand and crown.  She was the life of the party.  :)

No comments: