Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry


While not quite like anything I’ve ever read before, this book was very good.  Set in an alternate 1800s, the characters were engaging and the backstory was completed so skillfully that I never felt lost.  I enjoyed watching Lena grow into her ‘peculiarities’ such as they were.  After deciding to look for her long lost father in the strange land of Scree, Lena meets a cast of very different characters on her travels.  Jimson is an unlikely librarian in a house with a very mysterious master.  I really enjoyed this book and the ending was most delightful.  It always gives me a warm feeling inside when bad guys get their just desserts. This book is set for release to the public in May of 2012 in hardcover.  I received this book as an advanced copy thanks to the publisher, Abrams and Amulet Books, and netgalley.com. 

No comments: