Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Switched by Amanda Hocking

I received this book through as an advance reader's copy. I really enjoyed it. It was a nice change from the vampires and werewolves that seem to saturate today's media. I liked that it was part of the supernatural world but also a part that I was not familiar with currently. The story begins with a seemingly normal girl trying to find her way into a normal life after moving yet again. As the back story appears, we learn there were serious parental issues and she is now living with her older brother and aunt. After meeting a mysterious guy at her new school, she learns that she may be what is called a changeling. Without giving too much of the story away, I will say that the book was engaging and kept me very interested. I read this book in a matter of hours and it was very hard for me to walk away. The ending was one that I won't forget. It left me wanting more, as all good books should. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars only because I feel like there could have been a little more depth and it moved so quickly. Wendy was lost in the new life she found and I was equally lost because of the lack of backstory at times and the quickness of the chapters. I do think that this story is definitely worth reading though. I highly recommend it.

No comments: